I am interested in category theoretic modelling of open systems.
My DPhil thesis is now available here. A library copy is currently in preparation.
These are some papers I have written:
- B. Coya, B. Fong, 'Corelations are the prop for extraspecial commutative Frobenius monoids', arXiv:1601.02307.
- B. Fong, P. Sobocinski, P. Rapisarda: 'A categorical approach to open and interconnected systems', LiCS 2016, arXiv:1510.05076
- J. C. Baez, B. Fong, B. Pollard: 'A compositional framework for detailed balanced Markov processes', Journal of Mathematical Physics, arXiv:1508.06448.
- J. C. Baez, B. Fong: 'A compositional framework for passive linear networks', arXiv:1504.05625.
- B. Fong: 'Decorated cospans', Theory and Applications of Categories, Vol. 30, 2015, No. 33, pp. 1096--1120, arXiv:1502.00872.
- B. Fong, H. Nava Kopp: 'Additive monotones for resource theories of parallel combinable processes', Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science (QPL 2015), 195 (2015), pp. 170--178, arXiv:1505.02651.
- B. Fong: 'A note on interleaved quantum teleportation', Technical Report CS-RR-14-09, University of Oxford (2014).
- J. C. Baez, B. Fong: 'Quantum techniques for studying equilibrium in chemical reaction networks', Journal of Complex Networks (2014), doi: 10.1093/comnet/cnu013, arXiv:1305.4988.
- J. C. Baez, B. Fong: 'A Noether theorem for Markov processes', Journal of Mathematical Physics 54 (2013), 013301, arXiv:1203.2035.
- B. Fong: 'Causal theories: a categorical perspective on Bayesian networks', Master's thesis, University of Oxford (2012), arXiv:1301.6201
- B. Fong: 'On families of elliptic curves', Honours thesis, Australian National University (2010).