I am interested in category theoretic modelling of open systems.
An introduction to my work can be found on John Baez's blog, or at the beginning of my DPhil thesis below.
Here are some papers I have written:
- B. Fong, F. Zanasi, 'Universal constructions for (co)relations: categories, monoidal categories, props', arXiv:1710.03894.
- B. Fong, 'Decorated corelations', arXiv:1703.09888.
- B. Fong, F. Zanasi, 'A universal construction for (co)relations', CALCO 2017, arXiv:1703.08247.
- B. Fong: 'The algebra of open and interconnected systems', DPhil thesis, University of Oxford (2016), arXiv:1609.05382.
- B. Coya, B. Fong: 'Corelations are the prop for extraspecial commutative Frobenius monoids', Theory and Applications of Categories, Vol. 32, 2017, No. 11, pp. 380-395, arXiv:1601.02307.
- B. Fong, P. Sobocinski, P. Rapisarda: 'A categorical approach to open and interconnected systems', Proceedings of the 31st Annual ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS), (2016), arXiv:1510.05076.
- J. C. Baez, B. Fong, B. Pollard: 'A compositional framework for detailed balanced Markov processes', Journal of Mathematical Physics, 57 (2016), 033301, arXiv:1508.06448.
- J. C. Baez, B. Fong: 'A compositional framework for passive linear networks', arXiv:1504.05625.
- B. Fong: 'Decorated cospans', Theory and Applications of Categories, Vol. 30, 2015, No. 33, pp. 1096--1120, arXiv:1502.00872.
- B. Fong, H. Nava Kopp: 'Additive monotones for resource theories of parallel combinable processes', Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science (QPL 2015), 195 (2015), pp. 170--178, arXiv:1505.02651.
- B. Fong: 'A note on interleaved quantum teleportation', Technical Report CS-RR-14-09, University of Oxford (2014), available here.
- J. C. Baez, B. Fong: 'Quantum techniques for studying equilibrium in chemical reaction networks', Journal of Complex Networks (2014), doi: 10.1093/comnet/cnu013, arXiv:1305.4988.
- J. C. Baez, B. Fong: 'A Noether theorem for Markov processes', Journal of Mathematical Physics 54 (2013), 013301, arXiv:1203.2035.
- B. Fong: 'Causal theories: a categorical perspective on Bayesian networks', Master's thesis, University of Oxford (2012), arXiv:1301.6201.
- B. Fong: 'On families of elliptic curves', Honours thesis, Australian National University and National University of Singapore (2010), available here.
Here are some talks I have given: